Monday, 25 July 2011

week 3 assignments (reflection)


There are three topics in week 3, 
  1. The Research for C/LMS
  2. The Literature Review
  3. The Surveys
The Research for C/LMS
I learnt that C/LMS is actually a software application that can be useful in the education system that i helps to record and track the programs and events going on. It helps the students to have a virtual space to interact, have discussion or web-conferences. As it can help to connect the students from different places, it is basically very good e-learning. I think that teachers should use it widely to help the students as it can track the students' progress and performance throughout the programme or course, so teachers can be aware of the students improvements and help based on their needs.

The Literature Review
As 21st Century Skills are not a new thing in Malaysia Education, I think that it should be reinforced in the education system. It had been introduced since 1996, but in my opinion, there is still lack of effort to let all students in Malaysia acquired the basic skills of 21st Century. It is a skill that is required for the students nowadays to thrive for their future. As a environment lover, I, personally think that, if it is possible, students should be carrying laptop instead of textbooks to school, as it helps to save a lot of trees by reducing the making of papers. In addition, students that carry laptop to school can also avoid the problem of forgetting to bring their textbooks.  For students who are poor, I think the government should help by sponsoring the students or the school to buy computer or laptop. The more of using ICT in education, the better the students get to acquire the 21st Century Skills.

The Surveys 
1st time using Survey Monkey. I think it is good for doing surveys, although we had a bit of problem of typing 30++ questions =) Honestly, I prefer Survey Monkey more than Google Doc's Form... It is easier to manage. 

That's all for this week, 
See you next week!!


Tie Yin Yin
B.Ed TESL
UKM-IPGKS
016-8007787
E-mail(s): jnyt613@yahoo.com / jnyt613@gmail.com
Yahoo!Group homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tyinyin613/
Yahoo!Group email: tyinyin613@yahoogroups.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/tyinyin613
Blog: http://tyinyin613.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment